Had intercourse, tampon inserted, feels balls on vagina, having burning pain. Treated for urine infection. What could it be?

im 18 and have only had sex once 8 months ago, when inserting a tampon i noticed a large ball inside on my top vagina wall and since then i have felt like something is falling out of my vagina. i also have a burning pain. i got treatment for a urine infection but the pain has got worse what could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
May 2013
According to your description, the possibilities are :
- Gardner cyst, lying at the lateral wall of the vagina.
-Bartholin cyst, which lies at the labia minora.
Bartholin gland lies near the vaginal opening.
Because of the blockade of the Bartholin gland, cyst can form.
These can lead to difficulty during intercourse.
And if the cyst gets infected, abscess can form.
So, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the exact nature of the lump.
If cause is found to be a cyst, you may need one course of antibiotics to treat that.
Sometimes incision and drainage may needed.
In case of large or recurrent Bartholin cyst, marsupalization may needed.
Don't worry sometimes, antibiotics treatment may sufficient.