Had intercourse, swollen and itchy labia minora, feeling discomfort. What's wrong?

I last had sex around six months ago, and we used a condom. However, a few days afterwards my right labia minora began to swell slightly at the top and was very itchy. This persisted for several weeks but over the last six months the itching has been coming and going in phases and the labia has gotten a lot bigger in size. It now looks extremely asymetric and it causes me a lot of discomfort all the time. I have been too embarrassed to seek advise until now - I don t know what is wrong!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012