Had intercourse, light bleeding, having cramps, headache, pregnancy test negative. Is it due to hemorragic cyst? 14 days past ovulation . I ovulated around the 16th and has sexual intercourse day 12 and 13. I am 28 day regular cycle never late. My period is due today and i had brown and red bleeding usually light and my temp is 98.8 a spike from yesterday of 98.3. Ive had cramping and other symptoms that led me to believe i could be pregnant but hpt have all been negative. After ovulation i had cramps on my left ovary and was just told mh sonogram revealed a hemorragic cyst. I have also been havinv terribl e nausea past two days and headache. Is it possible that i could be pregnant even if im bleeding. Its very different than my normal period. Or could tbese symptoms be caused by cyst?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms and would like to reassure you that you are not pregnant. This is because you had bleeding and pregnancy test was negative.

Headache and nausea could be related to a migraine tendency, which tends to get aggravated during periods.

For relief of symptoms, you could take ibuprofen tablets for headache and ondansetron tablets for nausea.

Please consult a gynaecologist for further management of hemorrhagic cyst in the ovary.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: