Had intercourse, delayed periods, raised LH and FCH hormones, taking ginette 35 with ovacare. Why ginette 35 is suggested?

Hi, Without using birth control pills we were in planning after marriage for an year.We had intercourse on last cycle and it got delayed for 37 days when we went to doctor she said LH and FCH hormoes are more than usual hence she asked me take ginette 35 with ovacare. When iread thru the net i see ginette 35 as birth control pill. I want to understand why she gave me ginette 35 which stops pregancy. Also we had only once intercourse after marriage without proctection. Also my periods are very regualr on 25 day cycle. Please tell me why ginette 35 is suggested
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012