Had intercourse. Sore and swollen labia. What could be this?

i had intercourse last night and within 15-20 min i started feeling sore kinda burned also felt something fat so when we had finished i went to the restroom and looked and notice on my left side it was very swollen on inner side of labia was like a oval shape ball kinda hard not really that hard . this is worrying me and i am anxious to know what this can possibly be .
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Thanks for the concerns. It is almost impossible to define a diagnosis without looking at the lesion, so my best advise is for you to see your primary or Ob/Gyn for a pelvic examination with speculum. Possibilities include perineal varices, a Bartholin cyst, a hematoma, and LESS frequently or likey a manifestation of a sexually transmitted disease.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN