Had intercourse. Having continuous heavy bleeding. Due to IUD?

Hi there, I had my period the last week of novermber(normal). On my birthday the 1st of december my boyfirend and I had intercourse. The next day it was like I had started my period again a light flow which lasted 5 days ending on the 7th. The 8th and the 9th nothing, on the 10th we had intercourse again. The next day on the 11th I started bleeding heavier again but much more then the previouse week. 12th heavy, 13th heavy- I left work early to go talk to a doctor. I explained what was going on, I also informed doc I have IUD . I have had IUD for about 4 years now no problems. I am aware about 5 years is max time to have IUD. Doc told me to take Cyclokapron 10pills total over course of five days. I have taken a total of three pills, so far I am bleeding the same (heavy)no change. Can they give me pelvic exam or pap test while I am bleeding?, I feel it is not my period, I have a feeling it is my IUD, perhaps it has moved and caused some tear or something to that matter. My ultrasound is not until January the 4th. I am worried about bleeding too much, anything I should be doing while I bleed this heavy for a few more weeks? My next period is due in about another week as well I will be losing more blood then too.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012