Had inflammation in wrist, taken injection. Veins swollen and discoloration in spot injected. Is it normal?

Hello. About a month ago I was given an injection to reduce inflammation in my wrist . Injected supposedly into my tendon . I say supposedly because the doctor did it will using a picture book . Now in the past week there is a strange discoloration forming around the spot where she injected. My vein there seems to be swollen, but not painful or tender. Under the swollen, bluish part, the skin is red and dry. None of it hurts but I was just wondering if this is normal. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012