Had hysterectomy, wearing a nephrostomy, fever. What can help the pain?

My daughter in law has been in pain since she had a hysterectomy on October 24,2012, and had a hole made in her ureter by a cautery tool. There is too much to tell, but she has been wearing a nephrostomy tube since about a week after her surgery. Stents have been taken in and out, and she continues to have much pain. She has been on. Course of IV Vancomycin ,many pain meds, and trips top the ER. Last Mon. She spiked a temp of 103, ad is currently in the hospital. They are talking about cutting out a Portion of her ureter, and reattaching it to a new place on her bladder . Is there any other way of repairing this? I have read some harrowing stories of people who have had this done, and it sounds like they never feel because of the pain caused by the nephrostomy tube or the stent. Icahn not wit to hear from you.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013