Had hysterectomy to repair vaginal wall due to prolapsed bladder. Need advice on possible exercises

I had a vaginal hysterectomy 10 days ago. I also had repair to the anterior and posterior vaginal wall due to prolapsed bladder. I think I am recovering well and I was wondering how much exericise I can safely do? Some say you shouldn't even lift a kettle or reach up. I think that's a bit extreme, but I do want to be careful so I don't have another prolapse and can heal properly. I went for a short walk outside yesterday and felt a little strained afterwards in my vaginal area. I would also like to exercise my arms, etc. I wondered if there are any general guidelines for exercise in general.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013