Had hysterectomy recently. Having pain at the end of the scar. Reason?

I had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago this Thursday and i have just this week started to take care of my three year old again as my husband has had to go back to work. I am going the school run run and light chores but wondered if may be doing too much? I am feeling sharp pain either end of my scar . I have my 6 week chneck Thursday but just a bit concerned about the pains
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Mar 2014
hello and welcome,

Minor pains may remain post surgery for a few weeks to few months depending upon the extent of surgery and also tissue reaction. Also we advise a 3 months rest for a hysterectomy patient and vigorous chores must be avoided till at least 2 months.

So just go a bit slow with things. Take rest whenever you can in between work. Also check the wound for any discharge as infection also produces pain.

If the pains are recurrent then it is better to check with your doctor about the issues and see if there is any other cause.

The pains will most likely subside after 3 months. Till then just go slow with your work. I do understand the situation, wish you a speedy recovery.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist