Had hysterectomy after ovarian cancer, chemo required. Appetite loss cause metallic taste. Taking tramadol. Have low sodium, potassium

my friend has just had complete hysterectomy for ovarian cancer probable debulking and advised more tumors on bowel that will be treated with chemo in about 4 weeks when she has recovered from op. But due to metallic taste in her mouth and no appetite she is eating very very little and getting more run down. Could this be due to her desease process or could there be a more simple solution. The only medication she is taking is tramadol. im wondering if it could be low b12 or zinc. She has low albumin and was low potassium (due to post op antibiotics which caused diarrohoea.) Potassium is now ok following iv supplement. i fear she is ina catch 22 situation now and needs to be in good condition to be able to start chemo.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013