Had hit on elbow. Started severe pain in arm and fingers. Suggest some remedy?

Hi, So i was just helping my dad clean out his car, when suddenly my elbow hit the part where you put in the seat belt. I received a very shocking pain, it felt like an explosion of electricity in my right elbow. This shocking pain reached all the way up to my pinky and ring finger . The pain in my arm and fingers has stopped, however my elbow still hurts, the pain happens when i bend my arm. I don t know how to describe it, any fast help would be good. I have to attend a wedding, so any fast solutions would be very appreciated
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think you have hit directly on nerve. I would suggest you to take Brufen tablet, ice application and Diclofenac ointment. It will be better if you do not try to bend your elbow. A crape bandage will be better for you.