Had hit knee. Its bruised, swollen, has red dot and pains. Treatment?

I hit my knee really hard on something and it hurt straight away. It has now swelled up and has a little red dot in the middle where I hit it. It hurts a lot when I run my finger lightly on it. It is my right knee on the side closest to the other knee(on the inside). I put ice on it and it doesn't hurt a lot when I walk on it but it does if I sit down and lift the whole leg up with no support by my hands. It has started to bruise (about 4 hours later) and the bruise is about 1.5 inches in diameter.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013