Had hit head and causing sore bump. Can feel pulse on bump. Damaged blood vessel?

My husband, 79 years old, fell two weeks ago, hit his head and a bump came up. he has been seen by his dr. he had an mri and there was no bleeding in the brain. yesterday a small bump came up on the place where he hit and was very sore. He saw the dr. and had an ultrasound on the bump. He was told to go home and continue putting ice on it. It is still very sore and has not gone down even with ice. How long should this continue? Should he see another Dr? He says he can feel his pulse when he touches the bump with his finger . Is this a damaged blood vessel?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013