Had hips replaced. Pain in hips. Blood test showed raised metal levels. Explain?

Hello,I had both of my hips replaced in the last 1 and a half years.After the second hip was replaced and all seamed to be going well.I started to have alot of pain around the hip inplants.And my butt and thighs have been caving in and fast.My right hip and butt are so bad that it is all the way down to the bone and the pain is so extream that I cant deal with it every day and night 24/7 any more.And my left hip that was done second it doing the same.My doctor the did the surgeries did blood work and a bone scan and said the bone scan did not show any sine of adverse reaction.And the blood test showed a raise in metal levels.And he now just wants repeat the same test every 3 months to keep a eye on it .But he will not tell me why the tissue in my butt and thighs is disapearing and why.Can someone PLEASE tell me what might be going on because I dont have much tissue left to lose I am wasteing away here. And I am afraid This may take my life if it is allowed to continue.((PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN)) Thank you and God bless you.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013