Had hip surgery. Diabetic and high BP. Can I take tiotropium bromide for bronchodilation and telvas AM for BP?

Hello Doc, My father recently underwent a hipsurgery where a bipolar prosthesis was inserted in his leg. It has been more than 11 days since the surgery. He is only able to do limited exercise. He is diabetic (Fasting - 190, 2 hr after food - 260) and has high blood pressure (170/80). Should I give him aspirin for anti- coagulation , Tiotropium bromide for bronchodilation and Telvas AM (Telmisartan + Amlodipine ) for blood pressure. Thanks Regards Manoj Thankyou for the answer. When my dad tries to walk using a walker, he is able to walk only for 5 min. My father says pain and lack of energy are the main reasons for this short duration of the walk. However, after walking when he sits down on the bed, he perspires profusely. Before his hip surgery, his haemoglobin level was low at 9.8. Thats why ~600 ml of blood was transfused before surgery. What do you think is the reason for excessive perspiration? My dad thinks that this may be another reason why he cannot walk more. Your reply is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012