Had hip replacement after having arthritis, infected, painful heel since. How to recover?

Hello I am 47 and have had a hip replacement in my right hip after having arthritis . That hip became infected fro a staph infection which took months to diagnose and I had a total revision which was performed 17 months ago. One month ago I wore heals for the first time in many years and have had a painful heel since. The pain is a lot worse when I have rested the heel. Should I just keep resting it and taking pain killers and anti inflammatories or go to my gp for a referral. How long do you think I will take to recover.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013