Had heart attack, hallucinations. Should the psychaitrist be consulted?

My father is 80 years old .. He had heart attack in Jan 2007 and has been taking cardiac medicines since then..He has hallociantion problem and at times talks irrelevant. He sees some people which are imaginary. But now a days he he even scared to go to Toilet and feels that some people will attack him. From last couple of weeks time, he even does not dring water given by any one in house and tells that there is poison in it...He at times gets up from sleep and tells my mom that XYZ is dead (XYZ is a living person)...I dont know how to treat him further. I would be grateful, if you could advice me on his case. We consulted psychaitrist but he did not take his medicines as those medicines would make him more sleepy..Pl let me know waht we need to do and also any good doctor in Awaiting for your reply.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012