Had heart attack and now in drug induced coma. What is the reason?

my brother in law had a massive heart attack just yesterday. At this time due to the lack of information and distance: all I know is that he has been place into a "drug" induced coma. I am not sure I understand why, and unfortunately I do not have more information. Being a professional certified personal trainer my knowledge is better than average, but this is beyond my information base. he is 49 and with no former cardiovascular issues nor family history.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013