Had heart attack and is in induced coma. Suddenly lungs aren t working. What to do to make lungs work?

hi, my friend was put into a medically induced coma yesterday morning after he had two heart attacks which lead to his heart stopping and him having to be resusitated, plans were for him to be taken off the ventilator today but now his lungs arent working properly so he cannot be woken up as long roughly could a person be in a coma? what can be done medically to treat his lung problems?what happens next really?x
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013