Had heart ablation, diagnosed wolfe parkinson's white syndrome, shortness of breath, anxiety attacks. Suggest?

Female, age 30, hi, i had a heart ablation nearly a year ago and was diagnosed with Wolfe Parkinson s white syndrome , the electro physiologist said he burned what needed to burned off...well now my pcp thinks it may be anxiety attacks ....this is what s going on...I wake up out of my sleep screaming, really fearful as if something is happening to me or I m dying, my heart is beating really really fast and it feels like I have 2 heartbeats... When I lie down I have shortness of breath...but now even if I don t have the screaming, I have the abnormal rhythm and shortness if breath...this is very scary
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Dec 2014
Hello Jfarris1982
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Ablative surgery after WPW syndrome has been done and I assume that your doctor has done what was best for you. If ECG rhythm after ablation came normal then most likely there is nothing to worry. But as you are also complaining of shortness of breath on lying down, also called orthopnoea and it should not be ignored, visit your doctor again and take opinion for shortness of breath on lying down.
Rest the symptoms of severe restlessness, palpitations, fear, screaming and sense of impending doom or death etc. all point to Panic Attacks. Panic attack may present with such symptoms and Panic is very common after ablative surgeries and the shortness of breath may also occur due to panic. So for this visit a good Psychiatrist for expert opinion.

Thanks, Hope I solved your query.
Take Care