Had healthy, curly and thick hair. Took oratin for acne. Hair started thinning, have red blotches on head. Is it due to medication?

Good day. My 18 year old daughter had very healthy, curly and think hair . After suffering from acne she was on Oratin (not sure if I m spelling it correctly) her hair started thinning out a lot and now has red blotches in her head and looks like her hair is not growing at all. I m not sure if it is the medication or not. What can I do? The poor girl has a matric banquet coming up and is very frustrating cause the hair is not growing. Please advise :(
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012