Had head spin, diagnosed ear infection. Have had hypertension, now BP fallen, advised ditide. Right medicine?

Hello Samuel,

My mother has been diagnosed with an ear problem recently because of some viral attack during her sleep. She is currently under medication. She was also having head spinning problems related to the ear problems. Other than this, she used to have high blood pressure for which she takes daily medicines. But currently her blood pressure has fallen and now it is 110/70.

The doctor has given her - "Ditide" along with other medicines.

Query: Is Ditide the right medicine in this case? What is this medicine for and should she have it?

Appreciate a quick reply.

Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013