Had grommet inserted in right ear. Feels hearing diminished in right ear and left ear very sensitive to noise. Infection? What to do?

I had a grommet inserted in just my right ear 1.5 wks a go. The reason being I have developed a constant nasal drip which appears to be pooling fluid in my eustachian tube and blocking my right ear. The worse side affect is that I can hear my voice in my ear which causes me to not want to conversate. This has been happening since Oct 2012 when I went snorkelling in the ocean, developed a cold and then had to fly home. I'm about to embark on a lot of plane travel shortly and although my ENT doctor couldnt pinpoint what was causing the issues after inspecting my ears, nose and performing a hearing test, he decides I should get a grommet in the right ear only to assist with equalising pressure whilst flying. Immediately after the op I felt like my right ear was full of cotton ear and that my hearing had diminished. The worst side affect however is that my left ear, the untouched one, seems like its super sensitive to noise now and is starting to be painful. Low noises such as bass or constant drones such as air cons vibrate through my left ear. Its is most uncomfortable and concerning. I'm really scared its going to stay like this and that I'm going to have problems when I go away. I can't afford to pay to have it taken out plus I'm worried I will get an infection or have more problems because there's a hole in my ear. Plead help. I'm a 31 to female.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013