Had glomerulonephritis, treated with corticosteroids. How can I be sure that it was caused by aspirin intake?

In 1985, I developed a glomerulonephritis that was treated with corticosteroids. However, I was told that I should not be taking ASA. Yesterday, a report on ASA and cancer highlighted the advantages of aspirine in the prevention of cancer. Last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer , had a mastectomy of the right breast and took chemo and am now on targeted therapy. My question is can I be sure that my glomerulonephritis was due to aspirine intake? Also how true is it that Asprine prevents cancer and should I be taking it?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012