Had gestation diabetes in pregnancy. Sudden change in glucose level after delivery. Is this normal?

Dear doctor, i had gestation diabetes in my pregnancy and with strict diet and medication ( glucophage 850mg) three tablets aday before each meal i managed to control my glucose level, 7 weeks after delivery i had some blood work including glucose level and it was as follow 95 mg/dl for fasting and 168 mg/dl after two hours Is this normal? Taking consideration that i breast feed my baby When does the GD disappear and my glucose levels back to normal?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013