Had gastric bypass, pain in rib cage, shortness of breath. See a bariatic surgeon?

I had a gastric bypass about 8 yrs ago since then I had to have two surgerys for adhesions that was about 6 years ago. Since then I have been fine. But for the past 2 mths I have been having a bad pain under the left side rib cage and now shortness of breath. It has been very hard to sleep in bed as I can never find a spot were my side does not hurt so I pretty much end up sleeping by sitting up on the couch. I dont think its another adhesion as I am not nauseous but Im not the doctor. I went to my primary who wants me to see a bariatric surgeon but they have no open appointments for a month and I dont want to overreact and go to the hospital. PS i have had no accidents nor have gotten hurt. Thanks Nancy
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013