Had gallbladder surgery. Cough, blood in phlegm. Wondering if coughing has broken blood vessels

Gallbladder surgery later pm Friday, came home Sat noon, persistent cough/irritation post surgery. it now now 2:30 a.m and i have coughed up some phlegm with very small amount of red in it. No fever or other unusual symptoms. Feel good, able to eat with no problems after. Have only needed 2 painkillers ( hydrocodone 5/325). I also have asthma - anesthesiologist warned me the tube snaked down during surgery could cause a flair up of asthma, but I only have a minor wheeze when i exhale hard. Lungs were (and seem to me) clear both pre and post surgery. I m wondering if coughing so hard from either reason above can break bloodvessels and that is how come i m seeing some blood in this phlegm; not teaspoons more like adding a pinch to the mix. Feel really good other than that, just tired since it is 2:40 a.m.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012