Had fungus infection on nails. Treatment done. Still the infection exists. What could be done?

I have this problem with my nail, right hand middle finger, it was infected by fungus maybe 6 years back, it was itchy and pus all over the finger, swollen with swollen nailbed and nail growing very rough or rigid mass over the bed with pale yellow. treated for fungal infection with local ointment and antibiotics, and by maybe 3-6 months the most of the symptoms went away, with healthy finger.

But still the nail grows rigid over the nailbed with discolour mix of natural and yellow, once its half way it would detach from the nailbed, and nailbed is a bit swollen then other normal nails. Some mild pain like feeling when pressure is applied, also yellow pus comes out if applied pressure over the yellow area quite rarely. Could easily torn the nail off the bed with mild pain in some area, but grows back with same above symptoms, and have been this way for more than 5 years.

Seen dermatologists, they told it will grow normal just give it time, others diagnosed for fungus, by taking part of the nail, but turned negative. How could I treat this?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013