Had fracture in D12 due to osteo arthritis. One leg affected, suggested knee replacement. Back pain severe, on pain killers. Any treatment?

Hi, I have a question. My mother aged 70 years has a fracture in D12 and this appears to be a result of osteo artthritis... One leg has been affected and doctor has suggested a knee replacment. The leg pain is under control due to application of an ointment however the backpain is severe and now she is on pain killers... Pls. advise the best treatment available for the same...Rootcause in back pain is fracture of D12 bone... I am bsed in Mumbai (India) and would like to visit a doctor who is based in Muumbai.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012