Had fracture L-1. Wearing coset back brace. Taking pain pills and muscle relaxers. Safe to return to work?

I fell out a window falling 15ft. two weeks ago. I fractured L-1. I was in ICU for only two day, there is no paralysis, just lots of pain. they released me with pain pills and muscle relaxers. I am wearing the coset back brace 24-7. I keep a heating pad on it through out the day since thats what makes it feel better. My boss is asking me to return to work. I am a back office medical assistant for a very busy endocrinologist. Is this safe?/ I did get a referrral to a back specialist but cant get in for another week or so.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013