Had foot scar, have complications, infected, pus discharge. On antibiotics. Help?

I had foot surgery in January (fusion) and I have been dealing with an open scar that is slowing healing. Within 3 months I was to return to work but with the complications I've been having that has been extended. I have had to go back toy doctor twice now with an infection and he put me in antibiotics and antibiotic cream. Now it's been at least 2 weeks and it's still not all the way healed and I have puss coming out of the area again. Is this normal? I really want to get a second opinion to be sure that everything is okay. Is puss ok?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013