Had food from outside, heavy stomach pain, now okay. Reason? How it happened all of a sudden?

Recetly I had a vegetarian lunch from a good restaurant. 5 mts. after food, stomach upset started and that time I was driving. I found it very difficult even to a reach a toilet as there was heavy pain and at last by somehow with severe pain I reached toilet and cleared my stomach with running water and some solid. After that the stomach became okay. Can I know the reason, how it happened all of a sudden.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013