Had flu, swelling in legs, warming of skin. Reduction in CD and CD4. Is it other infection?

I recently had the flu (within the last month). At about the same time, I noticed swelling in my legs, which was accompanied by a warming of the skin, followed by a very noticeable cooling of the same area. Shortly after, I started having leg cramps in my shin and calf area. The flu symptoms have subsided, but these other symptoms persist. I am currently on Truvada , Norvir, Prezista, Acyclovir , Lipitor , and Lomotil. My recent labs showed a rather drastic reduction in CD4 , with approximately 8% drop in CD4%. My viral load is/was still undectectable. My physician attributes the decrease in CD4 and CD4% to an already developed case of the flu or other infection, as I became ill the day I received my flu shot. With these symptoms, is there cause for alarm, or might this just be my body readjusting after the illness? Thanks for your time
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012