Had flu, fever, chills, body aches, hacking dry cough, sneezing. Taken advil. Is it a bacterial infection?

I had the flu beginning last Monday with slight fever, chills, moderate to severe body aches and a hacking dry cough, worse at night. At times mucous was present but never anything other than clear. Nose has been dry entire time, sometimes need to blow but again, mucous clear. Minimal sneezing . About three days in my throat began hurting and has continued until today (approx. 6 days). About 4 days ago I noticed pus on one tonsil , red spots on back of throat and pus on a circum. papillae at back of tounge right under said tonsil. Also, for the last three or four nights have fullness and popping in ears at night with the feeling of drainage but the coughing has stopped and I am generally feeling alot better other than this throat issue and minimal pressure in ears. I have been intaking honey , green tea, vit. C, using humidifiers and gargling with salt water with lemon to no avail. 10 into what I believe started as a terrible flu, the pus on the tonsil is almost completely gone but is still present on the circum. papillae (which I have never seen before) and my throat still has red spots on the back and is painful. The glands in my neck are not swollen, no more body aches...WHAT is wrong with me? Is this still normal progression of the flu or do I have a secondary infection that won t go away unless treated? Advil does help the pain alot but I want it to go away not just mask it. I have a presc. for Amox-Clav 875 mg. from a previous bacterial infection - should I start it?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013