Had finished periods, again brown to red heavy bleeding, with cramping appeared

I finished my period Monday and completely stopped bleeding Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday I started cramping and slightly bleeding again, the bleeding has started getting a lot heavier. The bleeding at first was a brownish color and now on Sunday it is just bright bred blood. I am filling up at least two tampons a day. The only pain that i am having is cramping and slight side pains.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
If you have had normal 28-30 day cycles prior to this and are sexually active without any contraception, you should exclude pregnancy. else, you should exclude a hormonal imbalance or some other local cause for the bleeding. You should see a gynecologist, get a local exam, trans-vaginal sonogram, blood counts, bleeding time and clotting time and urinalysis. You may need hormonal supplementation and styptics to arrest the bleeding along with nutritional supplements. Please maintain a healthy weight and a healthy diet. Take care.