Had fever when pregnant. Took paracetamol. How long will this last?

Hi, my wife was admitted to hospital for fever when she was 13 weeks pregnant. Subsequently, she was diagnosed with typhoid & hepatitis E . However, she had miscarriage shortly, but the fever continued. Fever trend was max of 103.5 & min of 98.4 deg F. She was treated for approx 12 days with anitbiotics like augumentin, enterpenum(ZIVATOR) & Inbanz thru Intra venous. Also she was administered DOLO 650/ paracetamol for fever. Slowly over the days, all liver function tests & platelet counts started improving. Her appetite gradually migrated from fluids to semi solids to solid foods & subsequently she was discharged from hospital & advised complete rest & advised Ceftum antibiotic for a week. We came down to our parents place, her appetite was 80% back to normal, however weakness & fever trend remained the same. We visited doctors at this place & few more tests like blood tests/cultures/stool cultures/ANA test/CT scan for the lungs etc were done & all came out to be negative. In between ultra sound checks were done after 3 weeks & radiologist concluded RPOC & she was administered D&C/ERPC. Doctors feel that fever should be bcoz of the remains in uterus. Post the surgical operation, still the fever trend for max 103 & min 98.4 deg F still is observed!!! i have a real worry for how long this shall continue? is this really typhoid or something else? how long does this typhoid fever last?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012