Had fever and upset stomach, burning in throat, bad taste in mouth. Gave Gavison, clay colored stools. What happened ?

My daughter was sick on Friday with a fever and an uspset stomach. she complained of burning in her throat and a yucky taste in her mouth so I gave her a gaviscon tablet (just 1). Since then she has not had much of an appetite and has been pretty tired on and off throughout the last 2 days. She threw up on Saturday night and has not got sick since then, but tonight I noticed that her stool was a clay colour. I m now concerned that I shouldn t have given her the Gaviscon. Is it a dangerous med? I was always given that kind of stuff when I had heartburn as a child.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013