Had evacuation for molar pregnancy. Had unprotected sex. Harmful since was advised not to concieve within six months?

Hello Doc, I had a molar pregnancy a month ago and evacuation was done successfully on (12th/12/12). I also received my first period already. I met with my husband twice without any pregnancy preventive method. When i went for review, my Doctor told me i need to wait getting pregnant until after at least 6 months yet i had already met with my hubby. If i get pregnant, will i be safe the fact that i had not yet made it to 6 months to conceive as the doctor had said although he informed me late when it was already done. And i and my husband really want a child and we feel waiting up to 6 months will be a long period. And is there any better medicine you can prescribe for me to continue taking after this evacuation to prevent further diseases that may occur? or it is not necessary? HAL. MUK
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Hello madam, from the history you have given, it shows that you are anxious to conceive....But it is recommended ideally not to become pregnant during your follow up period following evacuation of molar pregnancy need to have a follow up with B HCG values at least for a period of 6 months.....If your values plateaus or increases gestational trophoblastic diseases have to be ruled out....i would advice you to use contraceptive method ideally oc pills provided you don't have any underlying vascular diseases, till your follow up period....Prophylactic medication as such is not recommended following suction and evacuation for molar pregnancy...It may be considered only if your B HCG values increase......Evacuation is the treatment for molar pregnancy....hope i was helpful to you. ....