Had endoscopy of throat, developed flu and severe cough with lump under the jaw. Will the lump go away?

I recently had an endoscopy of my throat . The same day of the procedure, I came down with the flu and had a progressively worse cough. Lots of pain, burning, painful swallowing , no eating for about 3 days. I am better, but still have a bad cough that has now caused a lump, about the size of a golf ball, under my jaw. It hurts and almost feels like I pulled my toungue. Is this possible? Did I pull my toungue during coughing and will this lump go away? It looks terrible. Thank you, Brandi Rocha
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012

Thank you for the query.

"Pulling the tongue" is rather not possible. The lump you are talking about is most likely lymph node or saliva gland. Cough and pain after an endoscopy indicates throat infection and sometimes happens after this procedure due to irritation.
I suggest you to visit a doctor as this lump might need antibiotics for full recovery.

Hope this will help.