Had empyema, taking diving lessons, medical examination showed a healthy lung, no abnormal heart. Is there any risk?

Hi, I had empyema when I was a child, 3 years old. After 27 years I haven t had any problems whatsoever related to this history. However now I m taking diving lessons, and already a licensed open water diver diving to 30m deep. My question is although my recent medical examination showed a healthy lung and no abnormal heart , am I at risk when I keep on diving. Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Previous history of empyema that too at the age of 3 years is not a risk for driving at present.
If empyema is treated and cured completely, usually there will be no restriction in the lung function.
And as your health examination is normal nothing to worry.
Hope I have answered your query.