Had emergency cesarean child birth. Infection due to leftover placenta. Ruptured uterus. Can I conceive again?

I have two children one nearly 12, brilliant pregnacy no sickness or anything...then came the birth. I was left to go over my due date by 10 days then i was taken into hospital to start off my labour . After 3 days of being in agony, front or back waters broke on their own (i know one of them had to be broken for me), 4cm dialated and ended up having amergancy caesarean! 9lb 4oz baby and blood transfusion later in absoulute agony. Further complications lead me to be taken back to hospital with a severe infection because i was left with some of the placenta still in my womb which they failed to remove fully. Which lead me to being anemic which isnt the best with rare blood types. Second exactly the same, brilliant pregnancy, awfull labour 9cm dialated 9lb (yes 9cm) baby. Only this time my babys heart rate started to slow down so they had to place something on his head to moniter his hearbeat while he was still in my womb. This was probably due to an even further complication as then my uterus ruptured. My baby was born with jaundice so was hard to feed him. Along with all the other complications and more blood transfusions, wires all over the place, tubes draining blood etc.. I swore i would never have anymore children... 8 years later i am married and we want another child, 6 months later still no pregnacy. I always knew that my uterus had ruptured and never really thought anything of it, up untill last week when i though i would do some research about it and i did not like what i was reading at all. And has now put the fear of god in me and i am worrying about the risks that could come witha further pregnancy. Has anyone else ever had any of this happen to them, more importantly has anyones uterus ever ruptured and you have gone on to have further pregnancys and what proceedures have the doctors taken or does anyone have any information on this that you think may be helpfull or put my mind at ease, be cruel to be kind i dont mind hearing your stories i just want to be sure that i make the right decission before putting a babys life or mine at risk.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012