Had electric shock. Having weakness. Pain in the left side of the body. See the doctor?

I got shocked this morning by the prong on my electric grill. My whole body feels weak. All the joints in the left side of my body hurt with pain shooting up my arm . I touched it with my left hand . In the pit of my stomach feels weird so does my chest and my throat . Should I see a doctor or do I need to just give it more time? It happened around 8 am it is how 2 pm YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query here.

Electric shock may lead to internal disturbances in the electrolytes of the body like potassium, calcium, sodium, bicarbonates etc. Their composition will change due to the current passing through them. This may affect the normal mechanisms of the body.

All these changes depends on the amount of watts of the electricity, duration of contact, and your age, your body mass- lean or obese, your surroundings like wet floor or dry floor.

Take lot of fluids and consult your gp who will do the physical. Get a blood check of the electrolytes.

Hope this is helpful to you.