Had elbow surgery after olecranon fracture. Persisting pain while lifting weight. Could it be due to my smoking?

Hi, I had an elbow surgery(K-Wire) after comminuted olecranon fracture . Its been more than 5 months and now i am able to have flexible bend and with minor loss in my extention. but pain still persists whenever i lift some considerable weight and involved in any sporting activities. So please tell whether any of my habits pertaining to this persisting i have smoking habit. and how long does it take to get rid of the pain completely.for your information the wire has not got removed from my elbow. Thanks & Regards, Vivek C
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013