Had ectopic pregnancy in fallopian tube. Reason and prevention?

I had an ecoptic surgery on March 1st week in my 7th week of first pregnancy. I didn t have any pain or bleeding but Dr were unable to find the gestational sac in uterus and later found out in Right Fallopian tube . They didn t remove the tube and just removed the pregnancy. They said that they were unable to identify the reason for ectopic as everything seems to be ok from inside. I would like to know: 1) what could be the reason for ectopic pregnancy and how can it be prevented? 2) What are the risk involved for future pregnancy? 3) How much time should we wait for next pregnancy? 4) Is pain in hand common after surgery as I get hand pain some days. Thank you for your support.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013