Had ecoli infection in UTI. Getting burning sensation with fever. Not cured by cefixime 200mg. What is the problem?

Hi Doc, I had ecoli infection in my UTI causing problem in urination with burning sensation with fever. Doctor asked me to do urine culture examination and ecoli was found with Cfixine sensitivity. I took Cfexine 200mg for 9 days but still pus cell is 25 and still have problem and pain in urination. Do I have to take medicine further? I wish to know if it is due to my enlarged prostate although I had no problem before in urination except low flow. I also wish to inform you that I have enlarged prostate 35g and currently I am 65 years old.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012