Had ears pierced. Pain when touching, redness, no pus. Scared about infection

Hi.I got my ears pierced about 3 months ago.I cleaned them every once per month.When i touch at the back of the earring,my ear will start to hurt.When i want to put the earring back in, it really hurts.Like a stinging feeling.It will take a few hours to push the earring in slowly.It will become quite red but no puss is seen.It only happen to my right ear.My left ear is fine.It is quite pain but is very tolerable when putting the earring in.Im scared that i might have an infection.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012