Had ear infection. Took antibiotics, flushed out ear. White stuff around walls of ear. What could it be?

my son s ear was recently infected with fungus. the doctor gave him anti biotics and ear drops and then several days later flushed out the ear and said the canal was clean. but the pain never went away. i continued the ear drops anyway. now for the last 4 days, huge chunks of wax have been coming up to the outer ear , as well as what seems to be layers of a skin like material. i have looked into his ear myself with a light and it there is more of the whiteish skin like stuff around the walls of his ear. the pain has stopped though since all the stuff has been coming out. can you give me an idea of what that white stuff is and what may be the problem? and should i take him back for medical attention?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013