Had discectomy. Can osteophyte indenting on the thecal sac cause inflammation and flare up of radicular pain?

I suffered a discectomy in 2004 (L5/S1) and a further discectomy in 2011 (L4/L5). Over the last 9 years the L5/S1 has changed and a MRI scan dated the 15/01/2013 shows the formation of a pointed osteophyte indenting on the thecal sac . I suffer with permanent chronic pain, but the issue is regarding flare ups with increased physical activity. My question is - could this Osteophyte indenting on the thecal sac cause inflammation and flare up of radicular pain . A straight yes or no is what im looking for. It feels fully consistent with my symptoms. You can see my scans at WWW.WWWW.WW Many thanks Phil
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013