Had diarrhoea, chest pain, high temperature. Took medicines, diarrhoea persists. Dark brown in colour. Reason?

Dear Dr, I had diarrhea last tuesday all day long. The day after my diarrhea was better but I woke up with chest pain and high temperature and went to the hospital, where I got diagnosed with bacterial infection of the airways (The doctor said it s not Pneumonia but almost ). I was prescribed Clarithromycin 500 mg - twice a day and Co-amoxiclav 500/125 mg 3 times a day. While I feel like my chest got better and I no longer have high temperature, my diarrhea got worst and the episodes of diarrhea increased (more than 6 in 24h, sometimes twice an hour). Also the color changed from light brown to a very dark brown since yesterday night and it is still really dark today. Could you please advice on what to do?What is the diarrhea due to? Thanks in advance Serena
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012